Wednesday 12 January 2011

Ripple Afghan Finished!



I think summer has been waiting for me to finish my winter work…it’s been unseasonably cool this year (I am not complaining) and I have fortunately enjoyed extra evenings and cool afternoons to finish those last stubborn rows.


Phew....My stripy ripple blanket…finished!

85 x 65 inches



So much work! So many rows! So many hours!

It's a longish one because I wanted it to be tall enough to actually cover my DH's feet!

No technique, I just used up whatever colours I had in whatever turn I felt like. Sometimes, the following morning, the colours I teamed up looked different from the night before...but I think, overall, it works.
And I addded  two borders, a green and a black which keeps the rows behaved.
A finished crochet blanket is such a satisfaction.

What now? Well.... launch of the next BOM of course…


18 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love the graphics a ripple gives. Plus an afghan always gives the user a hug doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Esther! That is A LOT of crocheting! Only someone who has crocheted a ripple afghan can appreciate just how much work went into that afghan. Nice job! Love the border too. I've never seen a ripple with a border, so that's certainly different.

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the ripple afghan. A great way to use up scraps. The neat thing is that its crochet. I don't know how to knit. I've been looking at that pattern but haven't started one...yet. Hope your DH enjoy cuddling with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ripple and the beautiful flower afghan in a previous post. Gorgeous colors; so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic your ripple afghan. I have colours to en like your idee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouahhhhh, super beau ton plaid au crochet. Bravo.Amicalement,Gisele

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I were talking about crocheted afghans yesterday. I used to do the rippled ones just to keep my hands busy, but I don't have even 1 now. I told my MIL to crochet a little and make afghans for the new members of the family. Nice to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing amount of work, and it looks so warm and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Esther, it is BEAUTIFUL! Your work is perfect with all the rows so even. A job well done and to be loved and enjoyed for many cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing this project! I know how tedious crochet and knitting can be at times...especially a large project! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! The colours are fantastic. You've given me renewed energy to finish my half started one. I hope mine turns out half as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That afghan is just stunning!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ester it looks fantastic. I am sure it is a good feeling to have it finished. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE it! It reminds me of one my mother made years ago! Wonderful color combination!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...