Wednesday 13 January 2016

WOW: Digging out the Fassett's

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays

Should I even be talking about my new BOM Hazel during WOW? Hmmm probably not. It is after all, a whole new WIP project and the point of WOW is getting WIPs done - not starting new ones.

But, I can't resist.

Here I am, sorting through my Kaffee Fassett stash. I've opted for Fassett's fabrics to make my run throughs. And I'm pairing them with my own hand dyes. Luckily a lot of my hand dyes really work with the Fassett's I have, so I can have some fun whilst I'm running up the blocks.

I don't intend on making the whole quilt - I don't have the time. But you never know, I might change my mind. And having a Fassset quilt in the house is a good motivator, so we'll see. Hazel is launching on Friday and I've got a really good feeling about it. Today I'm making up sample blocks to show how I make each month. This will serve as a guide for new quilters and show a lot more of my process - I know everyone is always keen to see process pics. In my last BOM Group, I had a lot of difficulties uploading images, but with the new improved BOM Group, uploading images are a breeze, so I'm more committed to sharing them than ever.

If you haven't already joined my BOM Group, now is a good time. Hazel and Little Hazel are launching on Friday and over in the dedicated Oma's Blues Group, I'm re-releasing Oma as a BOM too. And I still have some projects I'm finalizing this month for release this year, so  stay tuned, there'll be something for everyone. Including an applique BOM due for launch starting February. But, more on that later..

What's Your WOW?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Thanks for sharing Little Hazel here on your blog!
    I've admired your quilts and enjoyed reading your blog since about the LE time.
    Tracking down the original, and all the details you shared.
    As a beginner quilter, I think I can give Little Hazel a go!
    This one really caught my eye!
    Thanks!
    Joanne ( The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hazel in an interesting looking quilt - I can't make up my mind if I will be doing it but I will certainly save the patterns just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Those are fabulous fabrics for Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only plan to make samples at this stage as I don't have the time to make another quilt. But now that I am digging through the Fassett's I can see what is going to happen, I see a Fassett quilt top coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel is such a cool quilt, but I've already committed to several other new projects. I'll just have to watch everyone's version come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stripes are gorgeous, Esther. I say, if you're thinking about a quilt it's already a quilt in progress. It just hasn't reached the cutting and stitching stage of progress yet. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way? Thanks for hosting the link-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...