Sunday 28 August 2016

Meet My Gorgeous New Quilt 'Dorothea' !

Finished size of Dorothea Wall Hanging 57 x 61 nches

Oh yes, I'm on a roll! Talk about busy - shirts, quilts, wedding dress... and now another quilt pattern. I love releasing my patterns, it feels so good to 'liberate' them from my design books out into the world.

When I designed Dorothea, I  had a romantic vision of naïve flowers scattered across windy hilltops. I love the simple reoccurring flower motifs ..and the possibility of extending this wall quilt into a bed quilt with the addition of lots of windmill blocks was irresistible. 

The pattern is for both styles - the wall quilt and bed quilt , so you don't have to choose between them. 

Originally designed in red and white, for this pattern I have opted for the ever charming green and pink based palette to prevent confusion. So much red and white is difficult to work with in patterns. Of course, the design lends itself to many colour variations, and I might still re-colour it in red and white just to satisfy my love for that pallette :) 
Finished size of Dorothea Bed Quilt 81 x 85 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...