Wednesday 31 August 2016

WOW: Stash Busting Stars Quilt

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I don't know about you, but my stash has once again reached epic proportions! It's out of hand. There's just so much lovely fabric out there and I get all tempted and then, I just look at my shelves and wonder what to do with it all.

Well, about 6 months ago I decided to start a kind of 'ever growing' block that I would just keep adding to. The idea was similar to a crochet granny square that just keeps going. You may recognize this picture, I've been working on my star blocks for over 6 months. Just a few pieces whenever I had 30 free minutes or so. I've really enjoyed combining all the fabrics and then using a bit from one star in the next star - so that although they are all different, they're all connected.

When I saw how gorgeous the star blocks were, I forgot all about my initial 'ever growin' and started making star busting squares. And let me tell you, they're addictive. I am now just 3 short for my quilt top. So whilst I wait for the wedding Coutil fabric to arrive, I am making these last three. I aim to pull it all together and have another quilt top done before the wedding dress is done. This quilt will be for my living room, and I've selected fabrics that match the leather in there and just 'fit' in. I'm so happy with the progress.

You may have noticed that I've been putting out patterns more regularly just recently. It's all in an attempt to clear up my design folio and clear the desks for even more adventure ahead. This weekend I will be releasing my Stash Busting Star Quilt, so if the idea appeals, stay tuned for the design ;)

What's Your WOW?



5 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing the star quilt pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks interesting, Esther! Plenty of stash to bust LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on stash busting here and there with some success. I can barely get into my craft and sewing room because of having my mom and my oldest daughter and her 5 children living with us and lots of their stuff in my room. I am very slowly working on reclaiming my room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stash busting star and I'm looking forward to learning how you make one! I have a lot of stash to bust--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you do is wonderful and I am sure this will be as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...